To foster the establishment, survival and growth of SMMEs and thereby contribute towards poverty alleviation and job creation.
To be the leading catalyst for the development of sustainable Survivalist, Micro, Small and Medium enterprises through the provision of finance.
Our mission is to provide access to finance to Survivalist, Micro, Small and Medium businesses throughout South Africa by:
- Delivering wholesale and direct lending;
- Providing credit guarantees to Small, Medium and Micro businesses;
- Supporting the institutional strengthening of Financial Intermediaries so that they can be effective in assisting SMMEs;
- Creating strategic partnerships with a range of institutions for sustainable SMMEs development and support;
- Monitoring the effectiveness and impact of our financing, credit guarantee and capacity development activities;
- Developing (through partnerships) innovative finance products, tools and channels to catalyse increased market participation in the provision of affordable finance
sefas values and guiding principles to deepen institutional culture and organisational cohesion are:
- Kuyasheshwa!: We act with speed and urgency;
- Passion for development: Solution-driven attitude, commitment to serve;
- Integrity: Dealing with clients and stakeholders in an honest and ethical manner;
- Transparency: Ensuring compliance with the best practice on the dissemination and sharing of information with all stakeholders;
- Innovation: Continuously looking for better ways to serve our customers.