sefa’s mandate is to foster the establishment, survival and growth of SMMEs and Co-operatives, and thereby contributing towards poverty alleviation and job creation.
To be the leading catalyst for the development of sustainable SMMEs and Co-operatives through the provision of finance.
Our mission is to provide access to finance in an efficient and sustainable manner to SMMEs and Co-operatives throughout South Africa by:
- Providing loans and credit facilities to SMMEs and Co-operatives;
- Providing credit guarantees to SMMEs and Co-operatives;
- Supporting the institutional strengthening of Financial Intermediaries so that they can be effective in assisting SMMEs and Co-operatives;
- Creating strategic partnerships with a range of institutions for sustainable SMME and Co-operative development and support;
- Developing (through partnerships) innovative finance products, tools and channels to speed up increased market participation in the provision of affordable finance; and
- Monitoring the effectiveness and impact of our financing, credit guarantee and capacity development activities.
Our values and guiding principles were created to deepen institutional culture, assist in organisational cohesion, and support our
purpose and aspiration. They are:
- Kuyasheshwa!: We act with speed and urgency;
- Passion for development: Solution-driven attitude, commitment to serve.
- Integrity: Dealing with clients and stakeholders in an honest and ethical manner.
- Transparency: Ensuring compliance with best practice on the dissemination and sharing of information with all stakeholders.
- Innovation: Continuously looking for new and better ways to serve our clients.